Upper Left Back Pain is also referred to as thoracic pain, middle back pain or left upper back pain and it occurs mostly between the base of the neck and the lumber spine’s upper part. The areas that are mostly concerned with the pain relating to these areas include the trapezius, the shoulder blades and the triangular shaped muscles. The only reason for being referred to as the thoracic pain is because of the fact it is rather concerned with the thoracic, or to be specific, the chest area. Let us take a look at the set of causes that can make the pain to rise in these areas:
- The wear and tear of the muscles in the back causes the pain in the upper left side back.
- A bulging disc or arthritis, sometimes it may be a cause for the nerve in the neck or the thoracic part of the spine to get pinched and then it causes the pain to occur.
- Osteoporosis or a phenomenon of weakening of the bones affects the vertebrae and the weakening is to such an extent that it does not even lets the weight of the spine to be bear on its own.
- The upper back muscles might feel a lot of pain due to a particular injury or an accident that could have happened of late.
- A poor posture or overuse of the upper back muscles can be a cause for the entire muscle to weaken or a strain to take place in the joints or the ligaments. Quite commonly, we see the painters that suffer from such kind of issues.
- The women who have large breasts might not be able to stand properly due to an excess amount of strain being pelted in the body to keep it along a proper axis and a center of gravity.
- Heart problems can also turn out to be a cause for the upper back area of the neck to pain and quite severely as well.
So, what are the possible treatments that can be put to use in order to find out the betterment in the situation? Let us take a look at some of the available ways to get rid of the pain in the upper left back
- Massage: A deep massage over the affected area every day, for a minute or two every hour can be quite helpful to relieve the pain.
- Knead: Knead the upper left back muscle, like a cat with its paws doing the same.
- Elbow: Pressing the affected area with an elbow can be quite helpful to get rid of the pain once and for all. Just press elbow on the area where it is paining a lot and then spread it gently. This causes a relaxation of the muscles, because the sudden stopping of the oxygen flow is followed by the sudden supply of the same into a provided area.
- Correct Posture: The correct posture of a woman will not let her face the same issue yet again.